Today I’m going to tell you about the tastiest meal I’ve eaten in a long time. Hence the title. Thought I’d treat you to a bit of alliteration there…
Maybe it was just what I needed at the time or something, but every bite of these nachos tasted SO good!!!
But first, let me brag just a little bit about how lucky I am at the moment 🙂
1.) Surprise holiday!
2.) Tapir tickling at Dudley zoo ><
Not the most flattering picture, but guys, I’m tickling a damn tapir named Tallulah what more do you want!?
Actually, you might want a picture of this ADORABLE baby orang-utan licking the floor…
Truly did feel like I was the only being (human or otherwise) without a child to call my own that day… But I digress 😉
So now I’ve got that out of my system, check these out! So simple, but soooooo tasty 🙂
The love ate them with wraps… Cos’ he likes to add bread to just about everything.
If you can’t find chilli-flavoured tortilla chips, just add some sliced chilli or dried chilli flakes to taste! 🙂
These would also be awesome with slow-cooked shredded beef… mmm… or chicken, or pork, or no meat at all! Ya know, whatever!
- 100g chilli tortilla chips
- 1 small or 1/2 large red onion, sliced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 200g turkey thigh mince
- 70-80g strong cheddar
- 2 tbsp sliced pickled jalapeño peppers
- guacamole, sour cream and tomato salsa, to serve
- Heat the oven to 200ºc. While waiting for it to reach temperature, heat a little oil in a non-stick pan and add the red onion, cooking for a few minutes until beginning to soften. Next, add the turkey mince and stir it around the pan, breaking it up while it fries until you have small nubbly bits of cooked turkey.
- Take an ovenproof dish (I used 2 mini ones) and layer with tortilla chips. Next comes the turkey, red onions spring onions and jalapeños. Finally, sprinkle over a generous handful of cheese and bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with your choice of guacamole, sour cream, tomato salsa and/or extra jalapeños. Enjoy!
I’ll leave you with this, because I love otters ❤