Happy May everybody!
Isn’t it beautiful?
My latest posts have been very wordy. One might even say verbose 😉
(reference to a certain someone, don’t worry about it)…
So you may be glad (or sad?) to know that I don’t have an awful lot to say about this recipe, apart from that it is easy, healthy and delicious!
I was inspired by this recipe, but I have of course fiddled about with it to make it my own.
And um… Here it is!
Makes 4 mini meat loaves:
- 500g turkey thigh mince
- 1 egg white
- 50g breadcrumbs
- pinch each of dried thyme, basil and oregano
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 small or 1/2 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp freshly grated parmesan
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 tbsp ready-made tomato pasta sauce
- 1/2 ball mozzarella (62.5g), shredded
- Preheat the oven to 180°c and lightly grease 4 mini loaf tins with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the pasta sauce and mozzarella.
- Divide the combined mixture between the loaf tins and press down to make them even.
- Add about 2 tbsp of the pasta sauce on top of each meat loaf and spread it out so it is covered, then bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and scatter the mozzarella on top. Return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes more, until the cheese has melted.
There will be a little liquid in the bottom of your tins when the meat loaves are ready to serve, but they should come out easily and in one piece with the liquid remaining at the bottom of the tins.
I love to serve this with potatoes of any kind! Here it is pictured with new potatoes and mixed veg, but a jacket potato is not something I’d say no to alongside it 🙂
Also, as there are only 2 of us, making 4 at a time makes for great leftovers. I love it sliced in a crusty roll, or I simply freeze them for a super easy meal on a busy night.
Hope you enjoy!