Maybe I should stay away from my blog more often?
Haha, no on the contrary – recent nominations have buoyed me up Scottie and… you may have noticed that I posted a RECIPE of all things recently! Oh yes!
Well, I wouldn’t want to appear all big headed would I? It’s not like I’m basking in the sudden adoration I’m getting from my WordPress followers or anything…
Sorry, I am totally joking PLEASE don’t take me seriously!
Anyway, I will get on with the show, beginning with a HUGE thank you to Hayley, my wonderful friend. If you need a cookie recipe guys, click on that link back there and you will be in heaven. Now you should take me seriously, I mean does that girl like cookies or does she like cookies!? You get the point.
So, rules to follow when you are nominated…
- Upload a picture of the Liebster Award badge onto your blog post (copy it off here – easiest way?).
- Post 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions posted by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 people of your own choosing.
- Post 11 questions of your own choosing to the above people.
- Notify your nominees and include links to the their blogs as well as the blog of the person who nominated you! Nominator? Might be a useful word to use in terms of making sentences more concise…
When choosing your nominees, bear in mind that The Liebster Award is intended to recognize up-and-coming blogs with fewer than 200 followers, but I agree with my ‘nominator’ that we shouldn’t be making life too hard for ourselves should we? I’d say bear it in mind but nominate your favourites if you get stuck!
Eleven facts about myself.
1. I actually do have less than 200 followers on this here blog! I don’t know if people can see how many followers I do have… but the majority of those are from my Tumblr blog which I’ve had for much longer. Shameless plug? Okay! It’s over at ahappycollage.tumblr.com 😀
2. I hold a grudge against Rachel Khoo for making me believe that learning to cook Cordon Bleu is attainable for someone who doesn’t have £20-30 thousand just lying around… She embarked on her course with just £500 in her pocket apparently! Pah! Got me all excited thinking I’d be banging out my own cook books any minute now… Not bitter… Really I’m not 😎
3. The happier I am, the more I sing. My favourites are songs I can really belt out like Motown and the odd power ballad 😛 I have to apply huge amounts of self-restraint if I am in public and in a good mood when a great song comes on. For example, looking at the stir-fry vegetables in Asda when Cher starts playing… just keep your head down Anna this will pass!
4. I always thought that I hated soup, but then I made my own and it’s flipping good! Tins of soup… eurgh! Destroying too many soupy opportunities throughout my life.
5. The love’s step-dad has long since being tormenting me with cow-related gifts. It all began with the Colman’s advert for gravy during which the cow shaped gravy boat gets up and dances… I found this wholly wrong as surely the cow wouldn’t be celebrating the fact that he has been made into gravy!? I made the mistake of telling aforementioned step-dad how much it disgusted me and I now own 3 cow shaped gravy boats; a book entitles ‘Beautiful Cows’ and a cow hand puppet amongst copious other gifts that I will one day make a shrine out of and post on here to show you all just how out of hand this has gotten. However, I have spent part of my day adding the final touches to my REVENGE! 😀 I can’t give too much away in case he catches sight of this… but suffice it to say I do not think he will beat this one! It’s for his birthday so… I’ll post it once that’s been and gone (end of April guys, hold your breath!) 😉
6.Talking about the love, I’m having a slight dilemma over what to get him for his birthday. It’s in June, but this is me leaving things late! Do I go for a present that he’ll definitely appreciate but is kinda boring, or do I go for the exciting present that he might accept through gritted teeth? It’s a fantastic idea that I have, but will it be a bit too much? Hmm…
7. I would give my right arm to go to Morocco. But don’t quote me on that, I just really want to go.
8. I’m beginning to wonder if I’m interesting enough for 11 facts about myself… Ooh! How about this, the last restaurant I went to was Wagamama! Here are some pictures:
Oh, I did have pictures but I can’t locate them right now which is irritating. I had the yasai katsu curry. It was delicious.
What do you think of Wagamama?
9. I went to see The Croods yesterday and left the cinema with red eyes and a tear-stained face. Such a beautiful film, but I just can’t cope with the sheer amount of love and epic moments in these kind of films! I mean, the trailers choke me up, so by the time the film starts I am welling up and spilling over. It feels like something is squeezing my heart, haha.
10. This is what I bought the love for Easter:
Amazing right!? Super big surprise and everything! I also bought lots of little things and hid them in impossible places 😀 it was most fun.
11. I filled this out on 2 separate occasions – it’s hard work!
Answers to Hayley’s questions:
1. Favorite workout?
I don’t really work out, but I get cabin fever very quickly and have to go on regular excursions to spend some energy. I don’t drive and don’t want to, so I have to walk or ride my bike everywhere anyway – I cross my fingers that that’s enough!
2. What was your favorite toy as a kid?
I wasn’t really a toy loving child – I adored books and teddies 🙂 still do to be honest! I remember when I was really young though, I had one of these:
But less fancy… I used to love making all the different combinations of bears that I could :3
3. What do you want to be when you grow up? Yes. You read that right: if money and time and experience were no object, what would you do?
If money, time and experience were no object (RACHEL KHOO!) I would jump at the chance to learn to cook cordon bleu (or just get any kind of decent cookery qualification) and write cookery books/test recipes for the rest of my life.
4. Favorite type of amusement park ride?
I used to love theme park rides, but I’ve found that the older I get the more wimpy I become… Even so, I love roller-coasters 🙂
5. Most hilarious elementary school memory?
Oh God, I have so many! Assuming that elementary school is the same as high school? I don’t know, me and my friends just had the most fun behaving like idiots that a.) I can’t pick one and b.) I’m not sure I’d want to share it if I could! Just imagine stupid things like friend A tripping over a huge tree root, friend B laughing and making fun, followed by friend B tripping over the same root and falling flat on her face 😀 good times!
6. Your favorite food to eat in college… or now. But you have to pick only one! Muahaha.
I’m going to go wiiiiiiiiiiiiith… yoghurt! I couldn’t get enough of it at one point… Muahaha indeed though, that is such a mean and restrictive question!
7. If you could time travel and attend any historical event ever, what would it be?
I’m not sure about an event as such, but I would love to have a sneak peek at what the Ancient Egyptians were getting up to. I’d be some inconspicuous member of the Royal palace and lap it all up!
8. What motivated you to start blogging?
I’d been passionate about food and cooking for a long time but felt a bit too pants to share it with anyone, but I thought it’d be good for my confidence if I gave it a go with the added bonus of being able to find other people with similar interests. It has been so worth it 🙂
9. You have a totally unscheduled, obligation-free day ahead of you. What do you do with it?
Um… Well right now it’s the Easter holidays… But I do have college obligations… So… It depends if other people were free and things. If the love was free tomorrow and it was gloriously sunny we would go to the zoo and feed some baby animals :3 and they’d be selling gourmet ice cream so obviously we’d have some of that, and we’d buy a massive teddy from the gift shop and it would sit by us on the train home. It’s a shame that tomorrow I actually have 2 doctors appointments and a hair cut followed by (if I can motivate myself) more college work. Pah!
10. If you had to pick one cause to champion for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Conservation. It makes me incredibly angry when I think about how selfish the human race can be, and how we are destroying the chance of so many different creatures from surviving when they have every right to be here just like we do! So yeah… Good question I might steal that one!
11. If you could be any fictional character for a day, who would it be, and why?
One of the Narnia children. I want to go to Narnia.
11 Questions for my Nominees:
- If you won ridiculous amounts on the lottery, what would you do with it?
- What are your guilty pleasures?
- What are your 3 favourite traits in a person?
- What kind of things make you happy?
- If you had to pick one cause to champion for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Food heaven and food hell?
- If you had children, what would you call them? If you do have children, what are their names and why did you choose them?
- If you were granted one wish, the effects of which would last for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
- Your favourite book? Sell it to me!
- The best dessert you have ever had?
- Where in the world would you most like to visit?
I’m looking forward to reading the answers for these! 😀
Last but not least, my nominees:
- Catastrophic Findings
- Pasta Princess and More
- Words and Herbs
- Cook Every Day
- Fancy Food Fancy
- I’mma Eat That
- Blueberries and Oats
- The Home Heart
- Unwind Cooking
- Home Creations Everyday
- Yummy Food Made Easy
Umm… and now that I’ve finished that… Can anyone tell me what’s supposed to happen once you’ve been nominated? Or is that where it ends? Thanks! 😀