In the midst of feeling rather distant from my blog, I receive something lovely and heart-warming such as this nomination for The Sunshine Award!
I haven’t received anything like this before and so I’m likely to make some mistakes here, but I think that basically what I have to do is answer a few questions and nominate 10 blogs of my own choosing, including links to their blogs in this post. The other rules (I believe) are to link back to the person that nominated you and to let the people you have nominated know that you have nominated them! Wow, have I just made that sound far more complicated than it is? Let’s find out…
1. Who is your favorite philosopher?
I don’t have a favourite philosopher of such, but I love certain quotes which I translate into philosophies for myself… such as “Everything in moderation, including moderation”. I think Rumi said that!
2. What is your favorite number?
14. I’m very superstitious about the number that comes prior to this… so 14 balances out the bad luck in my mind. It is also the date of my birthday 🙂
3. What is your favorite animal?
I love lots of animals, but rhinos are my current fascination.
4. What are your Facebook and Twitter URLs?
I don’t have Twitter at all and barely use Facebook, and I don’t have links to either from this blog.
5. What is your favorite time of day?
About 10am – it’s so bright and fresh – there is still time for lots of opportunities throughout the day!
6. What was your favorite vacation?
I always remember Turkey as being fantastic although I was very young when I visited. Paris was amazing but I’d love to go back and stay for longer.
7. What is your favorite physical activity?
Riding my bike 🙂
8. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink?
9. What is your favorite flower?
Crocuses. So colourful and usually a symbol of Spring. I say usually because there are crocuses out at the moment but there is also a thick layer of snow…
10. What is your passion?
Food and caring for children. In no particular order.
My nominations for the Sunshine blog award are…
And last but not least, thank you so much for making my day Ankit! Not only did it cheer me up to know that somebody values this little blog of mine, but I also discovered a truly wonderful blog by following your link! 🙂